The installation phase is the most physically demanding of any wireless project. But with the aid of a site survey report, the installation can be a much easier task.
Though the site survey process answers many of the technical questions, there are still some questions that must be answered that relate to a business’ goals and objectives. Some of these questions are:
· What area in your organization should be the first to use wireless technology?
· What is the most effective way of bringing wireless networking technology into your business?
· What is the most cost-effective wireless LAN configuration for your business?
Some of the most common activities that take place during an installation are:
· Hardware Mounting (Access Points, Antennas, Wireless Bridges, etc…)
· Hardware Connectivity
· Connection of Access Points to wired LAN
· Coverage Verification
· Access Point Configuration
· Wireless Security Configuration
Finally, documentation on all the system hardware and software is provided to the IT staff as an aid to be used when supporting the operational system.